How to Make Delicious Cannabutter with your ABV Weed
Cannabis is often regarded as a product of divine alchemy, due to its almost limitless number of uses! The seemingly unassuming plant is used in an increasing number of industries, and benefits everyone; from the individual looking to have a good time, and the chef looking to improve their butter with delicious cannabis kick!
Making Cannabutter with Already-Been-Vaped Weed
Cannabis can be taken in a variety of ways, including vaporizing. This particular method is especially beneficial, since it allows for the ABV weed to be used one again in edible recipes, such as cannabis butter. Following is a recipe which you can use to make your own cannabutter.
- An ounce of ABV cannabis per ounce of butter
- Cheese cloth
- Strainer (medium to fine mesh)
- Slow cooker or crock pot
Using a slow cooker will work best for cannabutter. Also, make sure to keep the 1:1 ABV weed/butter ratio, for the ideal strength cannabutter. You can go lower for the weed, but not too low, since this can quickly undermine any effects of the cannabis.
- Grind the cannabis to an almost powdery texture. Make sure not to turn it into a fine powder, since this will make the butter full of particles which in not an ideal finished product. However, if it is already in a powder form, you can still work with it.
- Put the butter and the ground weed into the pot, along with enough water to cover both the ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, taking care to separate the weed in case any clumps form.
- Turn the slow cooker to the lowest setting, and leave the mixture to simmer for 24 hours at least. Do not increase the temperature of the pot, since this will result in the butter turning brown due to scorching.
- Turn the crock pot off after the 24 hour time period and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Use the cheese cloth to line the strainer, so that it is slightly looser over the top of the strainer.
- Strain the liquid through the cloth and the strainer, into a large pot. Do it slowly, to allow for the mixture to drop down into the bottom container while also filtering.
- Once the cooking pot is empty, let the mixture inside the cheese cloth drop, before finally squeezing any leftover liquid out from the cheesecloth.
- Once you have all the filtered liquid out in the bottom pan, refrigerate all of it overnight. This will easily separate the butter from the water, while also allowing the butter to group together into usable chunks.
Et voila! Your delicious cannabutter is ready to use with whatever recipe you wish. You can use it to spread on bread, or you can use it baking recipes. If using it for the latter purpose, make sure to expose it to direct heat. Instead of laying some on top of the pie or recipe, mix it in. this will prevent THC loss.